Central Utah Water Conservancy District
responsibly develop, conserve, and deliver water
Smart Controller Rebate Program
Commerical Smart Controller Rebate Program
For commerical application please contact Rick Maloy at email@example.com
Central Utah Water Conservancy District (CUWCD) offers a rebate on the purchase of an EPA WaterSense® labeled smart controller, which can help reduce water waste by using local weather and landscape conditions to apply water only when needed. A list of qualifying smart controllers can be found at the EPA's Watersense website. Smart controllers that are not on this list do not qualify for a rebate from CUWCD.
Click Here for a printable copy of the Rebate Program Rules
50% of the purchase price up to $1,500 (exluding tax, shipping, & installation costs)
Items Needed for Application
- Water utility account number if one is available
- Legible pdf or jpg of the sales receipt or invoice detailing controller and components
- Photo of the controller and the installed components
2018 Rebate Program Rules
- The check must be paid to the owner of the property where the product is installed, not the contractor or third party
- Rebate amount is 50% of the purchase price (excluding tax, shipping, & installation costs), not to exceed $1500 per installed controller.
- Rebate amount will be determined by CUWCD staff based on actual money spent.
- Product must be installed before the application is submitted.
- Commercial applications must be submitted within 90 days of installation.
- Online application form must be accompanied by:
- A legible sales receipt/invoice showing the purchase date, the product name/make/model number, any components needed for proper controller function, the purchase price, and that it was paid.
- A photo showing that the controller has been installed (protective box must be open) and any components included in the rebate.
- Submitting an application form does not guarantee a rebate will be issued.
- CUWCD staff may request to verify installation of product before approving a rebate; if requested, applicant must agree to allow CUWCD staff to access the property for installation verification, or the rebate will not be approved.
- Receipts/invoices from a company with which the applicant is affiliated are not accepted.
- CUWCD reserves the right to deny any application that appears to be deceptive or fraudulent in any way.
- Applicant is encouraged to retain a copy of the email received after the application form is submitted
- Applicant agrees to allow CUWCD access to the water use data of the property to help determine the effectiveness of the rebate program.
- Failure to cash a rebate check within 90 days of issuance shall void the rebate and shall relieve CUWCD of any obligation to pay the rebate; rebate checks will not be reissued
- Rebate is only offered on EPA WaterSense® labeled smart controllers
- To be eligible, the commercial property must be located within one of the following counties: Duchesne, Juab, Salt Lake, Sanpete, Uintah, Utah, or Wasatch.
- Allow 4-6 weeks for the rebate to be processed
- Rebate program is subject to available funds; CUWCD reserves the right to modify or discontinue the rebate program at any time; any changes will be posted at rebates.cuwcd.com